You colour my world ~ D-lish Scraps September Challenge


Hi Scrappers,

Sharing my latest layout using this months D-lish Scraps ~ Just add paper kit.   When I first opened the kit I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it work with all the pretty colours, as I usually only scrap with 1 or 2 colours at a time. So I took out the little piece of paper that has the monthly sketch and moodboard and was instantly inspired to create a rainbow layout - something I haven't really attempted in the past.  It didn't go exactly how I envisioned but somehow came out better.

I started off by adding gesso to my background, then adding some stripes of watercolour paint across the middle of the page.  I mounted my photo on to some black cardstock and placed it in the middle of the page, so I knew where the paint needed to start/finish.


Next I grabbed my gelatos and used them to colour the chipboard title that came in the kit.  I worked with the same colours as my watercolour paint so the colours flowed across the page.

Lastly I added all my embellishments to the page - there was A LOT.  I think I used 95% of this months kit as there was only a couple of pieces left at the end + a few bits and bobs from my stash.


I had so much fun putting this layout together, it was definitely not my usual type of page but I really like it. Plus my boys really do colour my world :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Morgyn xx










Comments

  1. This is really beautiful. I love the way the colours work across your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous LO. You have used the kit soooo well. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment