Annas Craft Cupboard Sketch Challenge December 2016

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a LONG time since I blogged on here.  I have been busy posting all my layouts, Project Life and other scrappy goodies to my YouTube Channel - For the Love of Paper.

I decided I wanted to start entering more challenges each month 1. to keep my self motivated, 2. because they are lots of fun and 3. sometimes it's good to be challenged.

As we are well over half way through December (4 sleeps until Christmas, how exciting) I have chosen 2 Challenges to complete the first one is from Anna's Craft Cupboard.
Here is a link to the blog post - you can find the link to add your own entry here.
This month was a sketch challenge (I love a good scrapbook sketch).




Here is my take on the sketch - I chose to flip the sketch around for my layout.  I went with a Yellow and black theme for the layout so it would match the colours of my son's birthday (Bumblebee from Transformers).


To stretch myself even further than the initial sketch challenge, I am also challenging myself to only use scraps (other than my 12x12 paper(s) for my background).  

Here are a few close ups of the layout:



I used a 12x12 piece from an old Stampin' Up! collection for my background, along with other scraps from my stash to create all the triangles.  


Most of the embellishments were from the Crate Paper - Cool Kid collection



I had lots of fun working with this sketch to create this layout.  If you would like to create a layout of your own for the challenge you can click the link above to find out all the info on entering.

Thanks for stopping by

Morgyn xx













Comments