Project Life - The beginning of something great


For those of you who don't know I started Project Life this year, I was really struggling with completing my standard 12 x 12 layouts and actually hadn't done one in 6 months, then last December a friend told be about Project Life, it looked almost too good to be true. I took hold of it with both hands and haven't let go yet, to be honest I may have gone a tad overboard with the buying, oops!  



If you don't know anything about Project Life here is a brief comparison;
- Standard scrapbooking is the process of memory keeping events, occasions and everyday moments with 
12 x 12 pages (usually 1 or 2 photos to a page). They can take a long time, use a lot of products and to be honest, and as much as I love doing them. They are, at times very overwhelming and time consuming.


-Project life is the process of memory keeping only simplified. Instead of one 12 x 12 page, you work in smaller pockets within the page, which means you can showcase more photos, more journaling and more special moments!  The original concept of Project Life was to be able to showcase and entire week of photos (using a photo a day) in a double page spread.  The beauty of Project Life is it can be as simplistic or elaborate as you want.
For some more information check out Becky Higgins Project Life website.
(please note this is just my personal opinion of each type of scrapbooking)

So after some deliberation I went and bought a core kit, some pocket pages and new album and a couple of extra bits and pieces and set in to work on competing my first ever Project Life album.

Here are the first supplies I purchased.

I also bought a pack of design F page protectors.

I will share my first layouts with you in the next post.






Comments