My first Project Life album


Today I'm here to share my first pages of Project Life.



I started with a holiday album from a 3 month trip I took with my husband back in 2010. Here are a couple of spreads:


Title page


Pages 1 & 2



With this project I had a lot of photos I wanted to get in the album, so I decided on the design F page protectors (1 4x6 pocket and 10 3x4 pockets). I used the Collect app for Iphone to create each Polaroid type photo with notes underneath. I created by own title cards, with what country, city or town we were in along with the dates we were there.  Here are a few close ups of my pages;


Co-ordinating colours:
Here I have tried to coordinate my title card with my journal and filler cards, I have used washi tape and 6x6 paper to match the card.



Using memorabilia:
Here I have used a postcard and my ticket from the Singapore Zoo. I also added a coin to the journalling card for a bit if dimension. 



Techniques:
Rounded corners, I liked the look of having all the cards match with rounded corners.
Photo splitting, I used a 4x6 photo and cut it in half to fit in 2 3x4 pockets (I did this with a map over 6 pockets also). I think it gives a neat effect.


Well that was my first double layout done and dusted. 

Since January 1st 2014 I have completed 3 full albums (1 travel album and my son's 1st & 2nd years) I am still a little behind on 2014, but slowly catching up. 

Comments