D.I.Y - Texture Paste

Hope everyone is having a great weekend,

Wanted to have a play with some texture paste this weekend but, after seeing the price of it in the shops I decided maybe not.  Until I came across a couple of youtube videos of how to make your own.  I am sorry I can not remember which one this is from, but they are all very similar.

You will need:


* Acrylic paint (I used white)
* Baby powder 

* Liquid Glue
* Empty Jar + lid
* Ice-block stick (for mixing)

(I don't think the brands you use matter, I had what was in the house already)


In the jar mix together 1 part paint, plus 1 part baby powder mix until just combined. Add in 1/2 part Liquid Glue and mix well (about 1 minute).

This made a slightly runnier consistency but spread really well over a stencil, if you want a thicker mixture (maybe for adding texture to a canvas - not with a stencil) you can add in more baby powder - 1 part paint, 1 - 1/2 parts powder and 1/2 part glue.

Here is a picture of what it looks like in the jar.





This is a sample using the paste with a circle stencil


I am also experimenting with adding colours, glitter and shimmer to the paste - I will post some more photos later when I have had a bit more of a play.










Comments

Post a Comment