Beyoutiful 12x12 Layout ~ Kraft + challenge

Hi Scrappers,
Today I'm sharing a special layout I created as a guest designer (on behalf of Scrapping Fun Kits),
for Kraft + challenge blog.  Scrapping Fun Kits in one of the sponsors this month.


The challenge this month is to use the following image and be 'inspired by bees' to create your layout.



I decided to use the hexagons as the main feature on my project along with the black, white and yellow colour theme.


I started by using a Fiskars hexagon punch to punch out a tone of hexagon shapes from some patterned paper.  I used some scrap papers and some old papers I have had in my stash for AGES!
I laid them out on the cardstock to make sure I had enough for what I wanted (I ended up need to punch out more).   Then I spent what seemed like for ever gluing them all down.

I created another little cluster in the top left corner of the page and added a couple of enamel shapes and a chipboard phrase sticker (all from Freckled Fawn).


I made a double photo mat with white and black cardstock then mounted this on some foam tape, to give a bit of dimension before sticking it to the page.


I had this peice of chipboard in my stash and thought it would work well with this photo (me on my wedding day - which reminds me to scrap more wedding photos).  I used a black gelato and a touch of water to 'paint' the chipboard, then I covered it in some gold stickles.


Adding few splashes of  gold & black 'Heidi Shine' completed the page.


Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my layout.  If you would like to see the full process for the layout I have a video up on my Youtube channel.

Please pop over to Kraft + and see all the other wonderful Design Team projects and don't forget Scrapping Fun Kits is a sponsor this month.

Morgyn   xx 

Comments