Layout #6 ~ My life and favs ~ Hip Kit Design Team call 2017

Hi crafters,

I wanted to share this layout I created for my entry into the Hip Kit Design Team Call for 2017.

I decided to do a layout about me...  Something that showcased a little bit about my life and favourite things.


This is my finished layout - I really love how this turned out.




For this layout I used a little bit of old mixed with some new products.  The Polaroid cards I have had sitting on my desk for the longest time, I have had an idea for a layout using them but just never got around to creating it until now.  I used a few bits and pieces from my stash along with some new goodies from the February Kitaholic Kits.

Here are a few close ups:

I used each of the polaroid cards like it's own mini layout - adding a few embellishments and some tiny alphas for a title.


I love this 'family' wood veneer that I had been hoarding in my stash for a few months, glad it finally made it to a layout.  I don't often get to use flowers on my layouts (as the photos are usually of my boys) but I really wanted to add one to this layout.  While my favourite flowers are Jonquil's I didn't have any of those, this little yellow flower fitted just perfectly.


I used this cute pink banner as my title then added '& favs' with some alphas to finish it off.  Even those the title is rather small on the layout it gives a good starting point to read across the page.



A lovely selfie of my on my birthday last year.  It was 1 of the better ones I could find - that didn't have either Sam or the cat in it with me hehe.  I used the branding strip off the bottom of the background paper as a quote accent under my photo.  This little flair badge was perfect to finish off the layout as I am always telling myself to 'be yourself' so it was very fitting.


Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my work.

If you would like to watch my process video for this layout you can find it here.


Morgyn xx




Comments