Layout #3 ~ I can ride ~ Kraft + January challenge

Hi crafters,

I'm back with this months Kraft + challenge layout.  

The challenge this month was to use a bike in your layout somewhere, a photo, an embellishment, background paper - anything really.

You can check out the challenge for yourself here

This was perfect timing for me, as I had just taken some photos of Sam riding his 'big boy' bike with no training wheels, all by himself for the first time!

Here is my interpretation of the challenge


I used mostly embellishments from kits I had put together last year. I made up around 50, but still had a few I didn't use.  So I wanted to get them used up (or at least partially used).  Then I pulled the wood veneer bicycle from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Hello Summer collection.


The journal card is from an old Blinks of Life kit, which I added the 'current status' sticker to.  Then added my journalling and a couple of other little embellishments up the top.



Finally before I stuck all my layers down I added some white gesso with a palette knife to the background.  Then a few splatters of black and teal colour shine and called the layout done!



If you would like to see my accompanying video you can view it here:



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest work.
Morgyn xx




Comments

  1. This looks wonderful.. love the texture on the back ground and all the layers and great photo too.. thanks for joining in with Kraft + this month!! Hope to see you next month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great Boy's page - I especially like the journalling about the back story. Thanks for joining us at Kraft+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Kraft +.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, that white background really makes everything pop! Thanks for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant layout. I love the background & your layering of papers & tags. Your handwriting is beautiful too. Thanks for joining us over @ K+ last month :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment